- This event has passed.
Heeling: Power & Precision – Part 3
October 1, 2019
This class is part 3 of a 3-part series.
Ready to turn those bits and pieces into a formal, ring-ready heeling pattern? What is the secret to a fancy figure 8?
In this class, we will formalize and combine all the elements from the previous two classes to build formal heeling patterns.
- Build your confidence in the ring by learning what to expect from the judge, and practice your responses until your own behavior is fluent and ring-ready.
- Consider the three layers of stimulus control that are in effect in the ring: the judges commands, the handler’s cues, and the dog’s response.
- Deconstruct the Figure 8 and explore the skills needed from dog and handler, and also making handling choices for your individual dog.
- Build duration and focus for resilient behaviors under pressure
- And put it all together for a polished performance