Let’s talk about stations in training. We’ve talked in the past about using a mat or bed behavior to teach a settle or relax behavior (Episode #67). And that really has a lot of overlap with what we are talking about today. You might even think of that kind of settle behavior as a subset of general stationing or station training. And today we are going to talk about a different application. There are so many ways to get geeky about laying down on a mat!
In this episode we discuss:
- What do we mean by ‘station’?
- What can you use for a station?
- Can it be the same as the station you use for settle?
- Why you should incorporate stations into your training sessions
- How to incorporate stations into your training sessions
- What criteria do I look for when using a station this way
- Using stations when working with multiple dogs
- Teaching your dogs to take turns
Support The Show On Patreon!
Thank YOU for being a part of our community! I couldn’t do what I do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page and share the word in your circles.