In this episode we discuss:
- Three possible treat categories – “snacks”, enrichment/management, and treats for training.
- Some basic principles for treats selection.
- How many treats is it ok to give a dog?
- Snacks matter, but they are different than training treats.
- What qualities make treats more or less effective for training.
- Why mechanics, timing and delivery, matter more than the actual treat itself.
- Special cases of training with treats – small dogs and dogs with food allergies.
Support The Show On Patreon!
Thank YOU for being a part of our community! I couldn’t do what I do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page and share the word in your circles.