Guest: Claire Apple
Claire Apple has been training different kinds of dogs in herding and draftwork since she was 8 years old. For the last 20 years she has been helping people sculpt their dog’s natural behaviors into useful work.
In this episode we discuss:
- What reinforcers are in play in herding behavior.
- Marking and rewarding the dog for the human’s behavior.
- Training skills out of context.
- The heretical use of food during herding.
- Switching reinforcement.
- Behaviors you can train at home to prepare for your herding lesson (when you don’t have sheep of your own).
Support The Show On Patreon!
Thank YOU for being a part of our community! I couldn’t do what I do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page and share the word in your circles.