In this episode we discuss:
- Can you reinforce fear?
- Have you heard that you shouldn’t console your frightened dog, that might “reinforce” the fear? That’s kind of unempathetic, isn’t it?
- The more progressive message to dog owners is that you can’t reinforce fear, because fear is an emotion.
- But, for the true behavior nerds though, it might be fun to go a little deeper?
- What is fear?
- What is reinforcement?
- The importance of looking at the function of behavior
- What fear tells us about contingencies
- What can we do about it?
- How I handle my personal dog’s fear during thunderstorms
Join Us for “On Your Mark”!
In this workshop, Shade Whitesel and Hannah Branigan will share with you what they know about reinforcement cues and how they use these cues in training.