Guest: Taylor Barconey, Jiovany Alcaide, Kiki Yablon
Kiki Yablon is a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP) and Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) based in Chicago. In addition to helping pet owners and fellow professionals through Kiki Yablon Dog Training, she is a new Karen Pryor Academy faculty member, works as a co-instructor for Dr. Susan Friedman’s BehaviorWorks, and is pursuing a master’s degree in applied behavior analysis.
Jiovany Alcaide and Taylor Barconey are both Certified Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT), IAABC Accredited Dog Trainers (IAABC-ADT), and Fear Free Animal Trainers. Together, they own and operate Smart Bitch Modern Dog Training out of New Orleans, Louisiana. Smart Bitch Modern Training’s mission is to popularize modern, rewards-based, and FUN methods in their community and beyond. They specialize in all areas of dog training, and offer private in-person coaching, virtual coaching, and virtual group class services. No matter if you’re looking to learn the basics, advance your Basic Training, or for help solving a behavior issue, they can help you!
In this episode we discuss:
- All kinds of topics related to working with pet owners and training life skills.
- What is the first behavior you teach a new team?
- What’s the most important thing for a pet owner to learn?
- What do most pet owners get wrong about dog training?
- What’s the deal with dog daycare and dog parks?
- How do you talk about reinforcement?
- What kind of language do you use with pet owners?
- Bridging the gap between learning skills in class and using them in real life.
- How to deal with unrealistic expectations.
- Smart Bitch Modern Dog Training website
- Smart Bitch Modern Dog Training Instagram
- Smart Bitch Modern Dog Training TikTok
- Smart Bitch Modern Dog Training Facebook
- Kiki Yablon Dog Training website
- Kiki Yablon Dog Training Instagram
- Kiki Yablon Dog Training Facebook
Support The Show On Patreon!
Thank YOU for being a part of our community! I couldn’t do what I do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page and share the word in your circles.