This week we are doing a sort of grab bag Q&A. You asked the questions, and I did my best to answer them.
If you have a question you’d like to submit for the next round, make sure that you’re following me on Instagram here and keep your eye out for the next announcement.
The Questions Covered:
- Do you have any suggestions for fun training games to work on a senior dog’s mobility?
- How can you tell the difference between a calm dog and a shut down dog?
- How often do you give your dogs days off?
- How do you keep the dog actually looking at you?
- What leg do you lead with when heeling?
- What kinds of behaviors would you start with teaching pet dogs and pet people how to free shape?
- How do you respond to people who say clicker training is cold and too mechanical?
This podcast is supported by…..
FDSA LIFE SKILLS SELF STUDY COURSE
If you are struggling to balance high energy, high-intensity behaviors in your sport with calm behavior in everyday life, this online course may be for you! Give your dog the skills needed for life outside the ring. All taught with positive reinforcement, and all with the goal of preserving working drive and walking into the ring with a dog that is ready to perform with maximum focus and intensity. The class, instructed by Hannah Branigan, will cover:
- Loose leash walking
- Public Appearances
- Polite Greetings
- Household Manners
- General use management strategies to use in performance settings