Podcast Guests: Chirag Patel, Eva Bertilsson, and Theresa McKeon
Chirag Patel runs Domesticated Manners in London, UK. He consults on the ethical and science-based practice of behavior management and training for animals housed in domestic, zoo, and laboratory environments. Chirag also conducts workshops for professionals internationally and was a behavior consultant on the BBC 1 television show Nightmare Pets SOS. His YouTube channel has accumulated more than half a million hits and provides free resources for pet owners and professionals.
Eva Bertilsson has a master’s degree in behavior analysis and a passion for all things related to behavior, learning, and animal welfare. Together with business partner Emelie Johnson Vegh, Eva runs their collaboration Carpe Momentum, teaching seminars on the general principles of behavior and learning, and coaching trainers in the art of structuring great training sessions regardless of the venue or the species. Eva is a board member of the Swedish Association for Behavior Analysis, a faculty member of Clicker Expo, and an enthusiastic disseminator of ethical practices based in behavioral science.
Theresa McKeon spent more than 30 years as a national-level gymnastics coach and was determined to find a way to speed up skill acquisition for her athletes while simultaneously decreasing stress and fear in the learning environment. Her search for behaviorally sound techniques, clean instructions, and the proper timing of feedback and reinforcement, led to the development of the TAG teach methodology. Theresa now consults and designs TAG teach programs in multiple fields including business management, industrial safety, medical and surgical training, sports coaching, and family communication.
- How stressed out I’ve been lately.
- How we might attempt to operationalize stress.
- What stress means in our dogs and what that might look like.
- Steps we can take in training to reduce the effect of stress.
- Training for relaxed and confident behavior.
- Podcast #79: Contrafreeloading with Chirag Patel
- Podcast #56: The Value of Reinforcement Procedures with Emelie Johnson Vegh and Eva Bertilsson
- Podcast #49: The Value of Offered Behavior with Emelie Johnson Vegh and Eva Bertilsson
- Podcast #31: Start Button Behaviors with Emelie Johnson Vegh and Eva Bertilsson
- Podcast #23: Dealing with Errors with Emelie Johnson Vegh and Eva Bertilsson
- Podcast #47: Task Analysis with Dr. Mallory Quinn and Theresa McKeon
- Podcast #12: Conversation with Theresa McKeon
Support The Show On Patreon!
Thank YOU for being a part of our community! I couldn’t do what I do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page and share the word in your circles.