Guest: Ayoka Bubar
Ayoka is passionate about dogs, dog behaviour, and dog training.
She believes that dog training should be fun for dogs and their humans and she likes to employ a number of positive reinforcement techniques to help handlers communicate more effectively with their dogs.
Her formative dog training and behavior experience was during the 7 years she owned Prairie Dog Daycare and was a lead dog training instructor at Two Brown Dogs Canine Consultants for Dr. Renee Will.
She is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed and an approved Canadian Association of Rally Obedience Judge for all levels and she has never passed up an opportunity to try a new sport with her Rottweilers. Together, they have trained and/or trialed in Flyball, Agility, Tracking, Trick Titling, Herding, Rally Obedience, Mondioring, and Scentwork.
In this episode we discuss:
- What is so cool about herding?
- What kinds of dogs can do herding?
- What is herding instinct?
- Are there things we can train at home to prepare for herding?
- What kinds of reinforcers are relevant in herding?
- Ayoka’s Blog
- Ayoka’s Instagram and Twitter
- Ayoka’s Facebook
- Webinar on herding instinct
- Webinar on Rally
- American Herding Breed Association
- Episode #115: Different Perspectives – Panel Discussion
Support The Show On Patreon!
Thank YOU for being a part of our community! I couldn’t do what I do without you. To become a tangible supporter of the show, please visit our Patreon page and share the word in your circles.